At Fairmont Raffles Hotels International we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our employees, job applicants and guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. When you apply online, your personal information is collected and used by us for the purposes of your application for employment, our hiring decisions and any background screening that may be required.
Our Privacy Protection Policy outlines the following: the type of personal information we collect and receive in the online recruitment process for the purposes of verifying its accuracy and reviewing your skills, experiences and interests against job openings at Fairmont Raffles Hotels International; the policies and procedures we have established outlining the use and storage of personal information and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain circumstances; the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures; the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed; and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy 'Fairmont Raffles Hotels International' means Fairmont Raffles Hotels International Inc., Fairmont Hotels Inc., Raffles International Limited and Swissôtel Management GmbH, together with their affiliated companies, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries which carry on business that use the following names: Fairmont, Fairmont Hotels, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles, Raffles Hotels, Raffles Hotels & Resorts, Swissôtel Hotels & Resort and Swissôtel. The words 'we', 'us' and 'Fairmont Raffles Hotels International' do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services, however we have requested such hotel owners and third party suppliers to abide by the terms of our Privacy Protection Policy. Your information is stored by Taleo in the United States and can be accessed by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International located worldwide for the above noted purposes.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification. By submitting your information to us, you understand and agree that we will share your personal information amongst representatives of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International who require such information to process your application or in the course of performing their job duties and with HireRight solely for the purpose of contacting you to initiate the background screening process should the job for which you are applying require this and should your candidacy for employment proceed. Please note, however, that neither Fairmont Raffles Hotels International nor HireRight will commence background screening without your further express consent to proceed, which will be sought at that time.
Fairmont Raffles Hotels International contracts with Taleo, a service partner, to provide software and services to help manage our online recruitment process. We also contract with HireRight for background screening purposes. Taleo and HireRight may store your personal information in the United States and this information can be accessed by us from numerous worldwide locations for the purposes noted in this policy. Under no circumstances may Taleo or HireRight use your information other than in connection with providing services to us to assist with our online recruitment process. We may from time to time use additional third party service providers to facilitate the online application process. As a result of the foregoing, your personal information may be accessed, administered or stored by such third parties to the extent reasonably required for them to perform such services. Some service providers may be located in other jurisdictions that do not have privacy legislation similar to that found in Canada and the United States, and information in such jurisdictions may be accessed pursuant to the laws of those countries.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose an applicant's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, is seeking the information as an agent of the applicant .
2. Personal information will be shared with the Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel property for which your application has been made or with other of our properties having job opportunities that match your candidate profile (where applicable).
3. Personal information will be shared with a third party with whom we have contracted to conduct pre-employment and screening verification services.
4. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International to perform functions on its behalf such as data processing or storage, surveys or research.
5. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of an applicant's personal information by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Fairmont Raffles Hotels International will not collect, use or disclose your personal information submitted in the online recruitment process for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Fairmont Raffles Hotels International will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards and will use this information for the duration of your employment relationship.
3. Fairmont Raffles Hotels International will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. Fairmont Raffles Hotels International will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely a fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us, but this may limit our ability to consider your application through the online recruitment process.
You may also elect, at any time, to remove your profile from our system by logging into your account and selecting "deactivate".
If you have questions or concerns about our online recruitment privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you prefer by writing us at:
Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
155 Wellington Street West, Suite 3300,
Attention: Privacy Officer, Law Department
By clicking below, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with our policy set out above.
[Rev. 1, October 11, 2011]